NEW BUILD vs Existing Home
We wanted to take some time to explore some of the pros and cons of building a new home! We are definitely partial to one (can you guess which it is?), but we will see how they stack up!!
- Clean Slate: Starting from the ground up gives you the confidence that your home is built on a firm foundation. One of our favorite parts of the build process is clearing the land and then getting those footers set so that the walls can be poured.
- Get What You Like: With a new build model, you can make selections like, flooring, granite, interior styles, etc. Buying something used comes with pre-determined things that you may want to change in the very near future
- Cost: Right now you can build a boxwood for 200 on a crawl, that doesn’t include the land or site cost, but when all is said and done, our houses compare to the cost of other options on the market. If you can buy new for the same price, wouldn’t you?
- Time Frame: With our new builds, it takes time to prep. The build time is approximately 90 days, but permitting depending on the county could be up to 3 months. So while you do have to wait longer for your product here, some may argue it’s worth the wait.
- Permanence: Some may struggle with the idea of building a home and the effort that goes into it. Because of all of the selections and the process, it does feel like a much more permanent move. If you aren’t quite ready to set down some roots, this could be an issue for you.
We think that the pros outweigh the cons, but only you can decide for yourself. Let us know if you can think of any more in the comments below! If you have any questions about our models or pricing, we would be happy to answer them for you!